Key Result Area: Mental Health
The Foundation accepts grant applications from these 18 northeast Ohio counties: Ashland, Ashtabula, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Holmes, Jefferson, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas and Wayne.
Our primary focus is on programs and projects addressing chronic, severe, and episodic mental illness, and:
Improving the lives of individuals with serious mental illness…
Supporting the person and family by improving the care, they receive during all points of the illness:
• Programs enhancing the quality of life, resulting in long-term, consumer driven supports for employment, education, housing, medical care, socialization, and transportation
• Projects providing engagement, stabilization, and resilience, improving function and helping consumers become more self-sufficient
• Reducing long-term dependence on care systems and increasing hope for wellness at all points of illness
Engaging stakeholders for improving the care delivery system:
• Programs resulting in holistic, integrated, and cost-effective solutions for addressing system gaps
• Projects providing basic needs and minimizing instances of crisis
• Promoting creative solutions, new ideas, evidence-based practices, and collaborative efforts for nurturing high levels of recovery
Empowering all to improve public understanding and compassion:
• Engaging leaders and change agents, disrupting the status quo, accelerating knowledge sharing, informing policy discussion, and rewarding impact
• Deepening mental health knowledge, increasing public understanding, and building an effective mental health workforce
• Advancing mental health literacy by promoting early identification of mental disorders, reducing stigma, and enhancing help-seeking behaviors.